Quiet Ancestors, at https://quietancestors.com/ is governed by the following policies, disclaimers, and disclosures.
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website:
Quiet Ancestors may collect personal information from you such as your name and/or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to this Website https://quietancestors.com/ by leaving a comment or subscribing to a newsletter.
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use or visit the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
We may log information using cookies which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use 1) session cookies: which expire when you close your browser, and 2) persistent cookies: which stay on your browser until deleted to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED:
We may use information collected, in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide you with information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list;
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com;
- Amend: You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information;
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com;
- Please be aware that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION:
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
VISITORS’ GDPR RIGHTS:
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]. Those rights include:
- We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of (a) you ask us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics: This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as: referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. You can learn more about Google’s privacy policies and terms here https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email address or other personal information, without your consent.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include: analytics, or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. To leave a comment, your name will be visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
Other users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
Affiliate Program Participation:
My posts may contain affiliate links. We may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
On the Website, you may opt to subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if, and when, you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Comments will be deleted or edited in the following instances:
- If the comment has errors or does not make sense. I reserve the right to edit them before they are posted just to avoid any confusion;
- If the comment is rude or disrespectful. All offensive content will be deleted at the discretion of the Website;
- If you use profane, vulgar, or offensive language, at the discretion of the Website;
- If it is spam.